Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sunday Funday

This weekend has been fantastic!  My best friend just left this morning to go back to Orlando (BOO) but we had so much fun spending time together and doing what we do best... SHOPPING!  We went to dinner on the water which is always nice and relaxing, we went shopping for our houses, and we also made a 4th of July wreath for my front door which I love!



The biggest news from this weekend is definitely our new furry friend.  On our way home yesterday from running errands I spotted a little black fur ball alone in a field very close to a main road where I live :(
Of course I went into panic mode and made my husband turn around and go back because I had to go see what was going on.  When we got back to the field there was a black puppy all alone and she was scared to death.  Most puppies would run away but this one curled into a ball with her tail between her legs. She was dirty and really hot. It was the saddest thing ever!!! 
We obviously had to do something so we went door to door and asked if anyone knew who the puppy belonged to or if they had ever seen her before.  No one knew her or had seen her so we moved on to plan 2.  We brought her to our local Banfield Vet to check for her microchip hoping she belonged to someone!  She didn't end up having a microchip so we basically came to a fork in the road at that point because we wither had to bring her to a shelter or keep her.  As you know I LOVE animals but I was really scared to adopt another dog.  We already have one dog and another one just seemed a little crazy especially because we also have 2 cats.  My husband on the other hand fell in love and literally would not put the puppy down.  She just sat in his lap for what felt like hours and never once tried to leave.  It was the sweetest thing!



My husband convinced me to bring her home and at least see how she did with our other pets.  She has been wonderful and our dog Maizy loves her!  She slept through the night without a sound and has honestly been perfect knock on wood!  My husband says he is going to try and find her owner but I know he is just saying that to keep me calm...  He knows we both won't be able to ever send her to a shelter and her owners are no where to be found.
I am thinking tomorrow we will be heading back to our vet to have her microchipped.

Well I better get back to being productive!  I am currently working on common core sight word activities for all of the Kindergarten high frequency words that I will have to teach my students next year! I am hoping to have them finished for Made it Monday with 4th grade frolics tomorrow... We will see how much I can get accomplished today now that I have a cute puppy running around my house :)

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

1 comment: