Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What Will I Definitely Be Doing Next Year?

I can't believe there is only 6 days left in this school year!  I feel like we just started!  I am linking up with Finding Joy in 6th Grade who is having a Linky Party where we can all reflect on our plans for next year!  I have already started thinking about all the "should haves" from this year that I will definitely be including next year! 
 
Number 1:
This year I found myself making centers and activities on Sunday nights when I needed them the for the next day!  This was very stressful and not a good idea.  For next school year I want to plan ahead and make as many units I can for next summer so that when it is time to teach a specific theme, my unit is ready to go!

Number 2:


This year was my first year in my classroom and I felt very rushed when setting it up.  I have decided that I need to do some rearranging and get rid of some things so I don't feel like the walls are closing in on me next year!!!

Number 3:

I started incorporating a morning meeting and sharing the pen with my students this year in  January.  Next year I want to start this the first day of school because it really did help my students grow as writers and become more confident when presenting in front of the class.

Number 4:


The past few years we have had to use Whole Group Read Well which replaced our writing workshop time.  We just found out today that we will no longer need to use that curriculum and we can go back to using writers workshop!  I am so glad that we are going back to writers work shop because I truly feel that my students grow so much more as writers when we use this approach to teach writing skills!  

I can't wait to read everyone's plans for next year over at Finding JOY in 6th Grade!




2 comments:

  1. Come join us for the blogger meet up!

    http://alwaysalesson.com/2013/05/30/calling-all-carolina-and-nearby-bloggers/

    ReplyDelete